|Dashing and daring Arthur|
|Class||Knight -> Paladin|
|Birthplace||The Asgard Mountain Range|
|Appearances||Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention, Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon|
Arthur is a centaur who can be found in Manarina in the game Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention and its remake Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. When he joins the Shining Force, he is a knight (KNTE) but when he reaches level 10, he can be promoted to a much more stately paladin (PLDN).
In Shining force III Scenario 1, first chapter, Synbios will find a blond centaur knight with magic abilities in Saraband, doing laundry, just like in the first Shining Force! When talked to by Synbios and later by Medion, Arthur will become playable in Scenario 2 and 3 as a member of Medion's army.
The likelihood of Arthur being the same knight in both of the Shining Force games is obvious, although nothing is said on this matter in the script of any of the games.
According to the Shining Force I worldbook:
"His native land is on a different continent. He possessed amazing ability from a young age, and he became a knight captain before acquiring any actual combat experience. When he set out to subjugate the monsters, failures in his command caused the deaths of many of his subordinates, and he left his country as a result. While working as a laundry clerk in Manarina, he happens to encounter the hero [Max]."
Anything but cocky, Arthur hides his potential as a fighter. Generally pretty easy-going. In the Resurrection of the Dark Dragon game he only joins the Shining Force because he's tired of doing laundry and other monotonous tasks. Arthur is a grey centaur with light skin and blond hair and a dark grey tail. His shield color is Light-Blue.
His stat growth is the opposite of Pelle's. As he gains levels he suddenly will gain massive stat boosts; the result is the game rewards the player with the strongest Paladin. As a bonus, due to his experience at Manarina, Arthur will learn Freeze, Blaze and Thunder lvl.1, these spells will help Arthur early game. Thunder renders Arthur the only Knight able to hit multiple targets; for players who left him behind during the early game, this is often the best way he can catch up.
Arthur starts out as the weakest of the Knights, having the least HP. Once promoted, Arthur will once again only gain low stats while leveling up at first as before. Due to his weakness as a knight compared to the others, many players will be tempted to ignore Arthur and leave him behind. this is particularly easy to do as the player has a large number of knight or knight-esque characters. He is particularly not recommended if the player is playing through a speed run of the game and is designed for players with both the time and patience to invest into the game. Since none of his spells get above lvl.1, they become useless within a few levels of him learning them as he will soon do more damage then any of them.
Powers & MagicEdit
Arthur doesn't start with any powers. Throughout the adventure, he puts his training in Manarina to use, earning Magic Points and learning the basic Blaze, Freeze, and Bolt spells.
Arthur can cast the following spells:
- Level 1 - acquires at Level 15
- Level 1 - acquires at Level 25
- Level - acquires at Level 20
- In Manarina: "My name is Arthur. I used to be a knight. I'm not really the battle type. I like it here."
- After the Cavern of Darkness battle: "I want to fight again. I can help you against Runefaust. I'm coming with you!"
- In Headquarters, in active party: "I can't thank you enough for letting me join the fight. I won't let you down!"
- In Headquarters, not in active party: "Can I fight now? C'mon, let me at that Darksol!"
- Upon reaching the Bustoke quary: "Alriiiight! A little light exercise before dinner! I'll play with 'em a bit!"
Khris: "Arthur, I don't think you should let your guard down..." Arthur: "Hey, I'll be ok. As long as you're there to treat me when I get hurt!"
- When facing Dark Dragon: "How ironic that a washed-up warrior like me would end up standing here. But if we can just defeat this thing, I can give up fighting for good!"
- All of the knights in Guardiana have the same in-game sprite as Arthur.