|Birthplace||Possibly Yeel or Galam|
|Appearances||Shining Force II: Ancient Sealing|
Chaz (Oneia, or Onaya in Japanese) is a playable character in Shining Force II: Ancient Sealing.
Background[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Chaz is very knowledgeable and polite. Besides that, he is a very strong willed person.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Chaz is the second to final character to join the Shining Force. He is a Wizard and mimics Alef's role as top tier mage from the previous game. He joins much later then all his fellow spellcasters, and learns Bolt quickly. His HP and MP is overall decent and steady.
Because of his late joining, he can be difficult to work into the force at first, this is an issue he shares with Frayja. As he comes already promoted as a Wizard, he cannot be promoted to Sorcerer, leaving his fighting style set with no alternatives. Like Alef before him, he has high mana but is not as overall effective as other spellcasters and will quickly eat through his mana pool despite its size. He also suffers Alef's problem of stealing XP from fellow Force members if not used sparingly, as he tends to dominate the battlefield, though unlike Alef he has access to all 3 offensive spells resulting in much more flexibility with how he is played. His defensive stats will eventually dwindle in growth and he has a low attack.
Powers & Magic[edit | edit source]
Chaz can cast the following spells:
- Level 1 - already learned
- Level 2 - acquires at Level 11
- Level 3 - acquires at Level 56
- Level 4 - acquires at Level 60
- Level 1 - acquires at Level 40
- Level 2 - acquires at Level 44
- Level 3 - acquires at Level 49
- Level 4 - acquires at Level 53
- Level 1 - acquires at Level 41
- Level 1 - acquires at Level 6
- Level 2 - acquires at Level 17
- Level 3 - acquires at Level 25
- Level 4 - acquires at Level 46
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Magic sure is helpful in a battle, isn't it?"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Chaz is considered the best Wizard, but since he comes so late in the game people usually don´t bother.