|Hans tries to look tough for Diane.|
|Appearances|| Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention|
Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon
Hans is light-skinned with white hair and yellow eyes. He wears a yellow shirt under a green half tunic with a green hat with yellow brim and white feather in it. he also wears brown gloves, boots, quiver and light armor.
Hans doesn't like fighting. He also has an interest in fortune telling.
Hans, has a large range and is able to pick off foes easily from a great distance. He is the fastest archer. He serves only to teach the player about Archers and their ranged advantage. He does extra damage against flying units.
Powers & MagicEdit
Hans can cast no spells and has no powers.
- When he joins: "I am Hans, an elven archer. I'm coming, but don't put me in the front lines, ok?"
- When he joins (remake): "I'm not very good at fighting. But it's the king's orders, so I guess I'll go with you."
- In Headquarters, in your party: "Please don't put me up front. I can't stand being hit."
- To Kane: "I may not like to fight... but THIS time it's personal!"
- Upon reaching Bustoke Quary: "Ugh... Those Runefausters are pretty gross-looking. I don't think I'm up to this."
- Diane: "Get a hold of yourself, Hans! You're going to make us archers look bad!"
Hans: "Uh-oh! I made her mad! All right, I'll do my best."
- It is possible to skip Hans entirely (Before going to see the king in Guardiana, walk toward the town entrance until you encounter a man wearing blue close to the guards. Block his path and force him to block the path of the guards at the entrance, making sure to leave enough room for you to slip through before the man in blue leaves his forced position. If done correctly, you should be outside the town without your Shining Force members. Completing the first mission without returning to get your members will trick the game into continuing the story from there, preventing the starting members from ever joining.)
- Hans's wife died some time before Book 3 of Shining Force CD, leaving Hans to take care of their son Shade by himself.
- According to a Shining Force I worldbook, Hans was ridiculed by his fellow archers for his pacifist stance.
- Shade, Hans' son and successor as playable archer
- External link