|This article is a stub. You can help Shining Force Wiki by expanding it.|
Vandolf, adopted brother
|Media appearances||Shining Force Neo|
Max is the protagonist of Shining Force Neo.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Personality[edit | edit source]
Max tends to be brash and boastful, with an enthusiasm that makes him seem more like a child than a grown man. He apparently once had a streak of mocking others, but was changed by his brother Cain's example and mysterious disappearance, which prompted him to aspire to be a hero.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The player is in control of Max throughout the entirety of the game. Unlike the other characters, Max doesn't have a set in stone class. The player can decided on how to play Max.
Max is able to equip 1-handed weapons, 2-handed weapons, wands, and bows. Depending on the weapon equipped it will greatly effect his attacks and playstyle.
- 1-Handed Weapons - Balanced weapons. A good compromise between offense and defense. Decent range. Allows for quick and easy combos. Average stopping power. Allows shields to be equipped. Few have spells.
- 2-Handed Weapons - Weapons in high attack with good range, but sacrifice speed and defense. High stopping power. Great for knocking down waves enemies. Doesn't allow shields to be equipped.
- Bows - Incredibly high attack speed, and range. Virtually no stopping power, but allows the player to attack from beyond objects, barred areas, gates, and walls. Doesn't allow shields to be equipped. Few have spells.
- Wands - Very low attack power. However, what they lack in attack they make up in magic and in spells. Most contain 3 spells, but few contain 2 or 4. Allows shields to be equipped.
While it comes to the player's overall preferred playstyle, it would be wise to have one of every weapon type. The game has a tendency change situations very quickly. Making sure to have at least one of every weapon, will allow the player to adapt to situation. While a 1-handed weapon would be great for one set of enemies, having spells could better for another set of enemies.
Depending on the player's preferred equipment choice, their leveled Force Arts should reflect that. In general it is always good to focus on increasing Health, Defense, and Elemental and Status resistances; however, if the player prefers using 1-handed weapons, they should focus on increasing Max's Strength and Weapon attack. If prefer casing magic, the player should focus on increase Max's MP, his MP Regeneration speed, and his Elemental Attack Damage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "One who is a Force must be the shield for the weak, and the sword for the meek, right? You've already told me a thousand times!" (in opening game)
- "Damn!...it still just sounds like peeping to me." (when talk to Dryu)
- "But Vandolf! You...you betrayed them first!" (before final battle against Vandolf)