|Shining Force Gaiden II|
Shining Force Gaiden II (released in the USA as Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya) is a strategy role-playing game for the Game Gear. It is a direct continuation of Shining Force Gaiden, set only two months after and featuring many of the same characters. A remake of the game was later included in Shining Force CD.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Shining Force Gaiden II uses gameplay identical to its predecessor, Shining Force Gaiden.
Plot[edit | edit source]
The story revolves around Deanna and his companions, young soldiers in the army of Cypress. Nick, the Prince of Cypress, has left the castle in order to defeat Iom (nation), an aggressor nation. He leaves, however, without the powerful Sword of Hajya due to his inability to wield it - his arm has been turned to stone. Deanna and his friends are left behind to defend the castle and the Sword, with Prince Nick's friend Mayfair placed in charge of them. When forces from Iom attack and steal the sword, Mayfair directs the young soldiers to pursue them in order to regain possession of the sword.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Shining Force[edit | edit source]
- Deanna - A young man nursed back to health by the guards of Castle Cypress, he joins them in their quest
- Natasha - Leader of the Shining Force, a young castle guard skilled in the use of magic
- Jaha - A troublemaking young castle guard
- Eric - An ill-behaved aristocratic guard
- Dawn - Another castle guard, but stern and work-obsessed
- Luke - Jaha and Eric's mischievous friend
- Slade - A friendly and fun-loving priest.
- Graham - The thief of the Sword of Hajya, he repents his ways after a falling out with the Iom army
- Chester - An Emild guard
- May - A member of the court of Emild, skilled in the use of magic
- Claude - A high-flying member of the Cypress army
- Randolf - An experienced knight in service to the prince of Cypress
- Sarah - Advisor to Natasha's division of the Shining Force, and a playable vicar once the force reunites
- Hanzou - One of the heroes of the original Guardiana Shining Force, mistranslated as "Higins"
- Gyan - Bodyguard and advisor to Prince Nick
- Musashi - One of the heroes of the original Guardiana Shining Force, mistranslated as "Rush"
- Nick - The captive ruler of Cypress
Allies of the Force[edit | edit source]
- Mayfair - The young but wise advisor of the Shining Force, Nick's right hand woman
- Hindel - One of Iom's top generals, for some reason he does not fight the Shining Force
- Ruce - A hero of Guardiana and friend to Prince Nick
Bosses[edit | edit source]
- Gordon - A maniacal and monstrous general of Iom, responsible for the theft of the Sword of Hajya
- Solo - One of Iom's top generals, a powerful wizard and experienced leader
- Iom statue
- Barbara - One of Iom's top generals, an ambitious and bloodthirsty servant of evil
- Death Woldol - Resurrected from the dead by the power of Iom, Woldol seeks revenge on Nick, Mayfair, and everyone they hold dear
- Warderer - The mad king of Iom, he seeks to sacrifice Prince Nick in order to win favor with the god Iom
- Iom - The evil god of sacrifice
Races[edit | edit source]
Playable[edit | edit source]
Cypress seems chiefly populated by humans, centaurs, and dwarves. However, they also have a few birdmen, half-giants and kyantols, and Gyan is some sort of halfling race. Elves and foxlings from Emild also appear.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Classes[edit | edit source]
|Starting Classes||Promoted Classes|
|Swordsman||Hero (Can be advanced to Prince)|